Thursday, April 18, 2013

Planted 10 Onions Today

little baby onion bulb
I got a bunch of little onion plant starters but didn't put them in the ground the other day when I planted the broccoli, carrots, and cilantro. But they're probably heartier than anything so I went ahead and got them in today after work.  I just did one row beside the carrots, about  8-10 onions.  Basically, as they grow, layer after layer keeps adding up until they get big enough to eat. You can help them grow by keeping the soil around the bulb as loose as possible. I did grow these same onions once back at Beeler, so I think they'll turn out well! And I use onions in, like, everything I ever cook, so, awesome. On a related note, how come my camera gets all "blueish" when I use digital macro mode? It takes great close-up pictures in that mode, but it gets a blue tint. Hmmm

I put a row of about 10 onions in the garden today.

No comments:

Post a Comment