Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Adding JoeSoGarden to JoeSoCookbook

I started a backyard urban garden this Spring and I want to include it in my diverse set of irregularly updated weblogs -- but I didn't want to add another one. I've actually been thinking about consolidating them all together into one JoeSoHeady blog, but I don't know. Anyway, as you may know, I have this one, my cooking blog, which I use mostly to document recipes for myself -- so I have a central location to look up recipes that I've made before, a place with notes and pictures, memories and advice, and if other people can get any use out of it, that's even better. 

So I figured it sort of made sense to include the garden blog in the cooking blog. I mean, I will end up cooking what I grow, so it makes sense. I have one blog for DJing, which includes my radio show podcast; an anti-cable-TV weblog documenting my experiences going off the "cable TV grid" and still trying to watch the shows I like and live sporting events; a blog for keeping track of whenever I exercise or participate in athletic endeavors, like kickball and softball; and of course the blog that started it all in the Summer of 2012 -- Season Tickets, Baby -- documenting my experiences as a new Pirates season ticket holder during those few exciting winning months.

Yesterday I started the garden, took some pictures, and made a blog post in JoeSoCookbook -- and I plan on updating it throughout the Spring, Summer, and Fall. Expect to see many JoeSoGarden posts in JoeSoCookbook!

My yard had this planter box, so I cleared it out and started a vegetable and herb garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment