Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Amazing Macaroni and Cheese

Last year I made family style macaroni and cheese a few times -- with tomato sauce and pork chops (optional) -- so recently I wanted to try making a more traditional ooey-gooey style mac-and-cheese. I found a great recipe, which someone had created based on someone else's recipe, and gave it a try this weekend. I did decide to add my own twist, though -- prosciutto, rather than bacon -- and it worked out really well. 


Her recipe seemed straightforward enough to make by memory yet complex enough to add a little gourmet touch to this comfort food. As far as I could tell from looking at several recipes, this one runs fairly basic. You got your pasta and your melted milk/butter/cheese sauce -- and it gets baked at the end. She suggested topping with cooked bacon bits. I decided to try prosciutto instead -- and to bake it with the meat rather than top the casserole with meat after baking.

after adding sauce to pasta, before meat topping

No comments:

Post a Comment