Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Candle Mania

I made several batches of candles recently, including some really nice holiday candles with a gingerbread scent. I used all the glass pieces I picked up at yard sales during Summerette. Some of the containers have already come back around for a second or third pouring. The liquid scent seems to throw a stronger aroma around the room than the scent blocks, so I want to order more of those. I got the gingerbread scent and 10 pounds of container wax blend from Lone Star. The wax I used -- container blend 4633 -- dried to a nice silky finish. You can see it in the purple and reddish candles from this batch. The greener looking ones -- e.g., the large glass pitcher, the Altoid votive, and the wide bottom -- used soy wax. I also ordered a variety of wooden wicks from Lone Star, which I used in the holiday candles. I gave a several of them out as gifts.

 I love the way this one turned out. I kept it for myself to test the wooden wick, which crackles nicely. The stone container, which came from a yard sale, obviously doesn't toss much light, but I think it looks awesome.

I poured this one into a mini Altoid container that I happened to have sitting around. This actually looks like a marketable product to me. I want to find more free, reusable tin containers to make unique ones like this...

This one looks like a piece of salt water taffy to me. I used all three colors that I ended up pouring with that day, and stuck a penny in between the layers. I started referring to it as a commemorative 2013 coin ;-) Sounds like another big seller. This container came from a yard sale.







No comments:

Post a Comment