Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Pasta, Red Peppers, Sausage and Sauce

As you may already know I have 1 single tomato plant and 1 single green pepper plant in my garden this year. They have each produced a massive amount of vegetables. So one unseasonably cool day recently I thought I would make a nice hearty tomato sauce and grill some Italian sausage and sweet red peppers from Donatelli's. What a delight! I grilled the sausage and peppers while the sauce cooked in the dutch oven on the stove. I tossed the sauce with some bow tie pasta and then topped it with the sliced red peppers and sausages. I ate one serving and froze the rest in mason jars! Next time I would mix the meat in with the pasta and sauce rather than layer it on top, so it doesn't dry out when reheating. I did keep one sausage aside and grilled it another day with a green pepper from the garden. I used some of my homemade sauce and provolone cheese with them and made a hoagie.




 


No comments:

Post a Comment