Monday, February 10, 2014

JoeSoChallenges Daily Reading Update


I love books that make me laugh. Books that make me laugh out loud, LOL, as it were, I love even more. I just started Neil Gaiman's Coraline and the first chapter made me laugh, out loud, exactly four times. I'll try to count how many more times I do the same. 

Paul Auster's A Man in the Dark, the first book I read for my challenge remains with me. Truly delightful to read, Auster's novel unveils three generations of a family -- daugher, mother, and grandfather -- each grieving for their own loss, the loss of a loved one, and then healing, healing through the power of story telling. 





For a quick 30 minute read the other day I grabbed Ruth Stiles Gannett's classic children's tale My Father's Dragon. This tale of adventure and ingenuity on Wild Island puts a smile on my face and a sparkle in my eye.




No comments:

Post a Comment