Friday, January 17, 2014

Apple Cinnamon Crumb Cake

I like to make this simple cake a few times a year, especially because you can substitute fruit for some of the sugar. I just took a basic cinnamon crumb cake recipe,  reduce the sugar, and added chopped up apples. The sweet, brown sugary, buttery, crunchy-crumbly topping really makes this cake. The apple chunks give the cake part a nice crunch and texture also. I recently found these pictures from the Summer. I can never get the top to crumble as much as I'd like, though...

Combine the dry ingredients and a diced apple or two.
Mix the wet ingredients.
Prepare the butter and brown sugar topping.
Combine the wet and dry.
Add to the pan.
Crumble/Spread the topping over the cake mixture.

Like they do in cartoons, I cooled it on the window sill after baking.

Look at the apple cinnamony goodness!


1 comment: