Friday, July 5, 2013

Joe Burger 2

I don't think I've actually posted my burger recipe on JoeSoCookbook yet. I started developing it about 2 years when I first got the grill. Generally speaking I love a very simple cheeseburger, made with high quality ground beef and maybe just a pinch of salt and pepper, maybe cumin or the classic onion soup mix burgers -- you know, easy, simple, delicious, and it makes everyone happy (well, except non-carnivores).

But then I also like to have a "different" kind of burger recipe in rotation -- something "interesting"  or  "exotic," something a little bit out there.  Something with weird ingredients stuffed in the middle. Something gooey or cheesy or spicy or strangely colorful. The original Joe Burger uses hot sauce, turmeric, and several other ingredients, and Joe Burger 2 kind of spins off of that basic approach. But the Joe Burger 2 gets a lot of its flavor from the garden, which I like. I have several fresh herbs that I don't know exactly what to do with, so adding them to burgers seemed like one obvious idea. I've only tried this once, so consider it a recipe in progress. Next time I may cut out the curry and rely more on the fresh herbs for flavor.

Ingredients
  • 1 pound ground beef (3-4 burgers)
  • 1/2 Tablespoon cumin
  • 1/2 T. curry powder
  • 1 T. hot sauce
  • 1 T. worcestershire sauce
  • 1/4 - 1/2 Cup fresh cilantro
  • 1 T. fresh oregano
  • 2-4 leaves fresh basil
  • goat cheese (or other cheese, optional)

Mix ingredients and form into burgers. Grill to your liking and top with cheese. Enjoy burgers with your favorite toppings, such as avocado, banana peppers, siracha, whole grain mustard, etc.

fresh herbs and spices: cumin, curry, basil, cilantro, oregano
plus hot sauce and worcestershire sauce
mix ingredients
mix into the ground beef 
make into burgers
add fresh veggies to make a wholesome meal
broccoli, spinach, carrots, and green beans with sesame oil, salt, and pepper
steam the veggies for a 10 minutes or so
grill the burgers to your desired liking
topped with goat cheese
yeah buddy
Joe Burger 2 with goat cheese and banana peppers with steamed veggies

No comments:

Post a Comment