Friday, February 20, 2015

Delightful Chicken Salad

As you may have read in a previous post, I love using leftover chicken to make chicken salad. Last week Lizzy decided to put a whole rotisserie chicken from the grocery store in my fridge, and I knew right away that it would make a great chicken salad. You really just need shredded up chicken and dressing, like mayonnaise, but ideally you'll want to include celery, cucumbers, maybe chopped onion, a little spicy mustard, etc. The combination I whipped up today came out really well, so I want to document the recipe.
  • half a grocery store rotisserie chicken (I used the dark meat) OR grill a large chicken breast
  • some finely chopped red onion (~ 1/4 C.)
  • some finely chopped banana peppers (~ 1/4 C.)
  • 1-2 Tablespoons of the banana pepper liquid from the jar
  • half a sweet red pepper
  • half a cucumber
  • 1/2 Tablespoon hot sauce
  • 1/2 Talespoon whole grain Dijon mustard
  • 1/2 C. mayonnaise 
  • 2-3 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Mix together and serve on rye bread topped with cucumber slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment