Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Cucumber Salad

Last week I harvested several things from Tricia's Garden (Thief!). I've had these cucumbers sitting here for a couple days and didn't know what to make. So I figured I would give a cucumber salad a try. I've never eaten a cucumber salad, let alone made one, but all the recipes looked pretty simple. The basic ingredients seem to include chopped cucumber, some sort of vinegar, sugar, and various spices. So I came up with the following.
  • 2 garden fresh cucumbers
  • 1/4 Cup apple cider vinegar
  • 3 teaspoons organic white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • garden fresh cilantro
  1. Cut the cucumbers lengthwise and scoop out the seeds, then slice thin. 
  2. Mix the other ingredients in a bowl.
  3. Add the chopped cucumbers and mix thoroughly.
  4. Refrigerate for at least an hour.

remove seeds and chop cucumber

mix vinegar, sugar, salt, cilantro in a bowl
add chopped cuke and mix with other ingredients
let sit in fridge for a at least an hour
I haven't actually eaten mine yet. I just made it and stuck it in the fridge, so we'll see....

1 comment: