Monday, February 18, 2013

Blood Orange Cocktail

Sparkling
blood orange
soda
There's a wonderful little Italian grocer in my neighborhood (Bloomfield) called Donatelli's. I stop in for a hot sausage sandwich, some biscotti, or Italian bread and lunch meat once or twice a week. They also have these wonderful glass bottles of soda. Friday after work I grabbed a tall bottle of Musette sparkling blood orange soda -- a company that I can't find online anywhere. I believe they may have been taken over by this company. Either way, the picture I found looks like the same product. 

Now, out of the blue, some plans materialized with a beautiful young woman. This was rather unexpected, so while I cleaned the apartment and showered, I wondered what type of alcoholic beverage I should provide for my upcoming rendezvous. I looked to see if there was a good cocktail recipe using the blood orange sparkling soda. Here's the first thing I found. It looked amazing. But I had neither alcohol nor ice in my apartment. Some bachelor I am! Anyway... I was able to shower, clean the apartment (including the bathroom), and run to the liquor store all within about 45 minutes. 

I grabbed a bottle of Tanqueray Sterling Vodka (plus red wine as a fail safe and Maker's Mark whiskey in case shots were in order). I used my little cocktail mixer and strained the cocktails into martini glasses (with no ice). They were absolutely delicious, and my friend was pleased! I will definitely have to grab that sparkling soda again!
all gone!
from Donatelli's in Bloomfield

No comments:

Post a Comment